My brother is a chef in training and his recent craze is cheesecake making. His made 2 cheesecakes in the space of 1 weekend! So i was curious on what the fuss was all about, so i took his recipe and made a strawberry cheesecake with him. I wanted to share with you all his recipe.
- 250 grams of digestive biscuits,
-150g butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons gelatine (granules)
- 60 ml water, from a boiled kettle,
-360 grams of soft cream cheese, (i used Philadelphia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 110 grams caster sugar,
- 600g of fresh strawberries,
- 300ml double cream.
- 23cm springfold tin
- Rolling pin
- Line the base of 23cm tin.
- Using a rolling pin break the biscuits up, until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Put the biscuit into a bowl and add the melted butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Put the mixture into the tin.
- Using your hands press the biscuit evenly over the base and side.
- Put the tin in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatine into the a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until the gelatine dissolves and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Then stir the gelatine in.
- Cut half the strawberries into small pieces.
- Fold the pieces of strawberries into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base.
- Decorate how you like with the extra strawberries.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Take out and enjoy!
When decorating you could slice the left over strawberries on top of the cheesecake! Whilst making the cheesecake make sure you work quickly and efficiently.
With our cheesecake we just decided to put whole strawberries round the sides, as it looks cute! When serving we just followed the strawberries and decided on 2 whole strawberries per slice. We also used strawberry sauce to dress up the plates a bit.
Cheesecakes are a delicious simple desert anyone can whip up in no time. They are great for any occasion!
This is our cheesecake! It was whole don't worry, i just forget to get a picture!
This recipe is easy to follow and gives superb results!
Bye for now..J x