Saturday 9 May 2015

My cupcake recipe

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday..I had exams throughout the day. I was also super tired and really wasn't in the mood..so after I got home from school I just slept. I woke up this morning feeling happy and positive. Negativity over lets get to the recipe!:)

Baking is my  favourite past time (well except from blogging of course) I love making all different kinds of goodies, chocolate cake, cookies, pastries. Because of this I wanted to share with you all my favourite cupcake recipe.

These cupcakes are to die for, they taste heavenly. Which is obviously what you want the end result to taste like.

The recipe makes 12 cupcakes, Just double/triple the amount of ingredients if you want more!

Ingredients
110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened.
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 free-range eggs..
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
 
For the buttercream icing
140g/5oz butter, softened
280g/10oz icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
Your chosen food colouring. 
You will also need a bowl, a cupcake tin, whisk/spoon, cupcake liners and a piping bag.
Method:
  1.  Pre heat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
  2. Line your cupcake tin with paper cases.
  3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Continue to do so until pale, beat in the eggs. Add a little in at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
  4. Fold in your flour using a wooden/metal soon..adding a little milk until your mixture is at dropping consistency.
  5. Spoon you cake mix into your paper cases until they are half full.
  6. Pop in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. (Tip: If you are hesitant that they are still not done put a skewer/small knife into the cake. If its clean they are cooked)                              
  7. For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
  8. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if necessary..until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
  9. Put your chosen food colouring with your icing and mix.
  10. Spoon the icing into a piping bag and pipe onto your cupcakes.
  11. Then add any decoration you would like to.
  12. SIT DOWN AND ENJOY!

 

Please note:

My cupcake recipe is rather flexible, as you can change the vanilla extract to any flavour you'd like. The same goes for the icing you can choose whether you'd like to add the food colouring in or not. You can also choose whether you'd like to pipe the icing onto the cupcakes, you can ice the cupcakes anyway you like.


I wanted share some of my creations with you!    

Cupcakes are great to share, give as gifts, relate them to different seasons or just keep them as snacks.
They are also brilliant if you want to make them with your friends, kids and family!

These cupcakes were for Easter! I just added mini eggs to make them fit in with the festivities.

I gave these cupcakes to friends/family as birthday gifts. I wanted to make them look appealing and pretty. So on one occasion I added oreos as decoration, on the other I did a mixture of different things to mix it up abit.


I made these cupcakes with a friend! We had a mini bake off..which was a  fun way to bond and take up spare time.


                                                                Happy cupcake making!
Bye for now..J x



No comments:

Post a Comment